Top 10 Reasons Why Punta Gorda Real Estate is Florida’s Best Kept Secret
Punta Gorda has long been a hidden jewel nestled on Charlotte Harbor, located in the well known region of Southwest Florida, famous for perfect winter weather with average daily highs of 75 degrees. Hurricane Charley ironically brought attention to Punta Gorda and in its wake it triggered a revitalization of this city of historic significance. The evidence of a new city is everywhere you look and what you see is impressive.
Punta Gorda with a population of roughly 15 thousand residents that doubles in the winter, has all the charm of a small town but the feel of a much larger city without any of the drawn backs such as crippling traffic, crime or high taxes. Long considered a boaters paradise Punta Gorda is actively marketing and making investments to make itself a boater’s destination.
Punta Gorda future plans are being carefully crafted with a focus on continuing to make this city the very best place to choose to own your next home.
The following are my 10 best reasons to live in Punta Gorda:
- Home prices have retraced themselves to levels seen more than 10 years ago.
- Property taxes have fallen a long with home prices.
- Low crime rate, Punta Gorda is a very safe place to live.
- Our winter weather is famous for barmy 75 to 80 degree days from January to March with very little rain.
- World class boating and fishing in Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Local services include parks, airport, hospitals and all kinds of shopping.
- Downtown Punta Gorda and Laishley Park is home to award winning restaurants, hotels, shops, Marina and River Walk.
- Punta Gorda hosts a number of events this is a sampling: The Red Fish Cup (seen on ESPN}, Punta Gorda Block Party, Jazz Festival, Various Concerts, and Saturday Farmers Market.
- Fishermen’s Village with over 30 boutiques, restaurants, resort and marina is the area’s largest tourist destination.
- Other local attractions include Ponce de Leon Park Muscle Car City, Charlotte County Motorsport Park and Mosaic at Charlotte Sports Park Tampa Bay Ray’s spring training facilities.
Punta Gorda has a lot to offer for anyone looking to purchase real estate in Florida. To learn more about the local housing market visit